Our fast-paced and motivated team is currently recruiting Skilled Labourers. The successful candidate will work out of town on a rotational schedule and will be able to work in team environments and unsupervised. A pre-access Drug and Alcohol test will be required.
The Skilled Labourer performs some or all of the following duties:
- Read and interpret blueprints and building specifications
- Measure and mark guidelines for installation of prefabricated cladding and/or cedar siding, eavestrough, soffit, and fascia
- Install, repair, or service prefabricated cladding, siding, eavestrough, soffit, and fascia with hand and power tools
- Load and unload service trucks with supplies and equipment
- Set up scaffolding and adhere to safety procedures
- Perform all work in accordance with Occupational Health & Safety Regulations
Successful applicants will have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum 3-5 years experience
- Ability to promote and exemplify Nomodic’s core values
- Ability to work within a dynamic team, exhibiting leadership and teamwork
- Ability to work at heights up to 15.5 m (50’) and carry up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Ability to work outdoors in all seasons
- Professional, friendly, courteous, and respectful
- Safety-minded, knowledge of workplace safety, safe lifting, and handling procedures
- Completion or willingness to obtain the following certifications: CSTS2020, H2SAlive, First Aid, WHMIS, and Fall Arrest
- Ability to work long shifts and travel long distances in sometimes adverse weather conditions
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Mathematical ability to accurately calculate as necessary for construction
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities per work schedules
- Legally able to work in Canada
Experience in modular and siding installation preferred but not required. Work locations will vary by project and may include approximately 80% camp/out-of-town work and 20% in-town work. Pre-access drug and alcohol testing required. Point of hire is Edmonton, Alberta.
We thank all of those who apply, but we’ll only reach out to those who we see qualified!