Nomodic is an industry leader in design-build projects, and one of the most complete and trusted providers of custom hybrid and offsite building solutions.
We believe in building without boundaries, where every project is a blank canvas with infinite possibilities waiting to be discovered. Our unique hybrid approach, which includes modular, prefabricated components, and traditional craftsmanship, makes it possible to efficiently implement a variety of construction methods to find the best possible solution for each project, delivering time savings and peace of mind from concept to completion.
Our fast-paced and motivated team is recruiting Skilled Laborers in the Chilliwack, BC area with experience in siding installation.
The Skilled Laborer performs some or all of the following duties:
- Read and interpret blueprints and building specifications
- Measure and mark guidelines for installation of prefabricated cladding and/or Cedar siding, eaves trough, soffit and fascia
- Install, repair or service prefabricated cladding, siding, eaves trough, soffit and fascia with hand and power tools
- Load and unload service trucks with supplies and equipment
- Set up scaffolding and adhere to safety procedures
- Perform all work in accordance with Occupational Health & Safety Regulations
Successful applicants will have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience
- Ability promote and exemplify Nomodic’s core values
- Ability to work within a dynamic team, exhibiting leadership and teamwork
- Ability to work at heights up to 15.5 m (50’)
- Ability to carry up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Ability to work outdoors in all seasons
- Professional, friendly, courteous and respectful
- Safety-minded, knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Completion or willingness to obtain the following certifications: TDG, WHMIS, 1st Aid, and Fall Arrest
- Ability to work long shifts and travel long distances in sometimes adverse weather conditions
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Mathematical ability to accurately calculate as necessary for construction
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities per work schedules
Experience in modular and siding installation preferred but not required. Work locations will vary and may include approximately 80% camp/out of town work and 20% in town work. Pre-access drug and alcohol testing required.
We thank all of those who apply, but we’ll only reach out to those who we see qualified!