Our fast-paced and motivated team is currently recruiting Apprentice Carpenters, who under the direction of the Site Supervisor, will be responsible for the construction, installation, maintenance, and repair of structures and components of structures made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and other materials. Successful candidates will work out of town on a rotational schedule and will be able to work in team environments and unsupervised. A pre-access Drug and Alcohol test will be required.
Specific duties include:
- Read / interpret blueprints & building plans to determine specifications & calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in accordance to building codes
- Measure, cut or shape materials made of wood, plastic, fiberglass, drywall, and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay sub-flooring and erect walls and roof
- Fit and install structures such as doors, stairs, windows, and molding
- Maintain, repair and renovate existing structures such as camp residences, offices, and residential establishments
- Supervise and instruct apprentices and other construction trade helpers
- Prepare cost estimates
- Perform other duties as assigned
Carpentry experience in modular installations preferred but not required. Point of hire is Edmonton. Work locations will vary and will include approximately 80% camp/out-of-town work and 20% in-town work. Pre-access drug and alcohol testing required. This employer offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
We thank all of those who apply, but we’ll only reach out to those who we see qualified!